- Resimax is committed to complying with legislation governing corporation’s handling of personal information including the Federal Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act) and any applicable privacy codes registered under the Privacy Act.
- We note that this policy does not apply to information that has been anonymised, aggregated or otherwise de-identified provided that no person is reasonably identifiable from such data. We use and disclose de-identified information for marketing, advertising, research, compliance and other purposes.
Collection of information
- Some information provided to us by clients, customers, contractors and other third parties might be considered private or personal. While you are not under any obligation to provide personal information to us, without certain personal information we may not be able to provide our products or services to you, respond to your enquiries or process your requests.
- The types of personal information we collect will vary depending on the reason we are collecting the personal information. We take steps to ensure that we only collect personal information if it is necessary for one or more functions or activities of the Resimax businesses. The types of personal information we may collect and hold includes (amongst other things) names, addresses, identification information, contact details like phone numbers and email addresses, age / date of birth, payment card details, employment status and other information contained in forms you provide to us. We also collect your website preferences as well as other electronic information related to your use of our website (as further described below).
- For example, Resimax may collect and hold your personal information in the following circumstances:
- The types of individuals we collect personal information from includes customers, clients, investors, property owners, tenancy applicants, tenants, service providers, shareholders, job applicants, employees, contractors and other persons who come into contact with Resimax.
- In some circumstances we may also collect personal information about an individual indirectly such as from third party or public sources if it is impractical to collect the information directly from the individual. For example, we may obtain a reference for your tenancy application from a third party. At or before the time personal information is collected by us we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of who we are, your rights to access the information held about you, the purposes of the collection, the types of organisations to which we usually disclose the information collected about you, any laws requiring the collection and the main consequences for you if all or part of the information is not collected.
- If you contact, interact or correspond with Resimax (including in person, online and via telephone or email);
- When you submit personal information to us via our website, such as providing your e‐mail address for inclusion on our website mailing list;
- If you attend one of our property investment or other educational seminars, we may obtain your personal information and ask for your feedback;
- When you submit information to us as part of a tenancy or purchase application;
- If you are a tenant in, or the owner of, a property manage by Resimax; and
- If we are obligated to collect certain types of personal information by law.
Use of information collected and disclosure of personal information to others
- We may use and disclose personal information we hold about you for the purpose that it was collected, for related secondary purposes you would reasonably expect, for other purposes you consent to and for other purposes that are authorised by law. Such use and disclosure is generally (but not exclusively) for purposes related to the provision, promotion, management, administration and improvement of our products and services, including assessing a tenancy application, notifying property owners, tenants and other customers about changes to our products or services, communicating with property owners, tenants, customers and other persons who contact us, verifying transactions, dealing with complaints and enquiries, complying with our legal and regulatory obligations or protecting our lawful interests.
- We may also use your personal information to contact you on an ongoing basis about products or services that we think may be of interest to you unless you opt out or we are otherwise prevented by law. You may elect not to receive further marketing communications by notifying us using the contact details below or by following the opt-out instructions provided in the communication (such as an unsubscribe link in an email).
- Your personal information may be disclosed to persons outside Resimax in the circumstances set out in this policy or as otherwise notified to you at the time of collection. By providing us with personal information you consent to the disclosure of personal information collected by us to:
- Some of these parties such as our partners and service providers may be located in, or provide services from, another country and you consent to the transfer of your personal information outside your country of residence. You acknowledge that these countries may not have the same data protection laws as the country in which you provided the information and may not provide the same rights or level of protection. Currently, Resimax predominately discloses personal information to recipients located in Australia, the United States of America, Malaysia and Singapore.
- Resimax may also disclose personal information in connection with a merger or sale involving all or part of the Resimax businesses or as part of a corporate reorganisation or share sale or other change in corporate control.
- If you apply for an employment or contractor position with Resimax, we will use and disclose your information for purposes related to assessing your suitability for that position and for other positions that may arise in the future. This policy does not cover our handling of current Resimax employee information. Current employees of Resimax can contact their HR representative or supervisor for more information about how we handle employee information.
- Other companies within the Resimax group, including companies operating in countries outside Australia;
- Joint venture and other trusted alliance partners;
- Our service providers including IT service providers, data analytics providers, advertising and marketing service providers, out-sourced call centres, mail houses and third party fulfilment contractors; and
- Our professional advisors including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;;
- Courts, tribunals, regulatory bodies, government agencies, insurers, and law enforcement bodies as required or authorised by law; and
- Any person authorised by you from time to time.
- Some types of personal information are classified as 'sensitive information' under the Privacy Act, including information about racial or ethnic origin, religious affiliation, political or trade unions membership, sexual preference, criminal record and health information. Sensitive information is subject to greater restrictions under the Privacy Act. Resimax does not generally collect, use or disclose sensitive information. However, in some circumstances, sensitive information may be collected by Resimax if the relevant individual consents to such collection. For example, we may seek health information from prospective employees and we may not be able to adequately assess a candidate’s suitability for an employment positions if they elect not to provide this information. The way we use and disclose tax file numbers is also governed by law.
- Our website may contain links to other websites and those third party websites may collect personal information about you. Resimax is not responsible for the privacy practices of other businesses or the content of third party websites that are linked to our website. Resimax encourages users to be aware when they leave the website and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information.
Security and Storage
- Resimax has security measures in place designed to protect personal information under our control against loss, misuse, unauthorised access, destruction, modification, alteration or disclosure. We also take steps to ensure personal information we hold is de‐identified or destroyed securely when no longer required for any permitted purpose.
- No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect user's personal information, Resimax cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information transmitted to it or from its online products or services, and users do so at their own risk. Once Resimax receives your data, it takes all reasonable steps to secure the data on our or our service providers’ systems.
- You acknowledge that are responsible for keeping your passwords and account information secret. Please contact us immediately if you think the security of your account may be compromised. Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online.
Access to and correction of personal information
- Resimax is committed to maintaining accurate, complete, timely, relevant and appropriate personal information about our customers, clients, web‐site users and other persons in accordance with this policy. Please update your details online or otherwise contact us if your contact or other information changes.
- You may request access to, or the correction of, personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact details set out below. We may need to first verify your identity. In most cases, we will be able to comply with your request within a reasonable period of time. In some circumstances, we are permitted by law to decline your access or correction request. If we do decline, we will provide the reason(s). You can ask us to make a note of any declined request with the relevant information.
- While there is no fee for requesting access to, or correction of, your personal information, Resimax may charge a reasonable fee to cover the administrative and postage costs incurred by us in processing an access request.
- We will promptly contact you to confirm we have received your complaint and then take steps to resolve it. If you are not satisfied with the outcome of this process you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (at www.oaic.gov.au).
- Resimax automatically collects certain information from the website, including using cookies.
- When you visit the Resimax website, our system will record/log your IP address (the address which identifies your computer on the internet and which is automatically recognised by our web server), the date and time of your visit to our site, the pages viewed and any information downloaded or submitted. This information will be used for the purpose of site analysis and to help us offer you improved products and services.
- Resimax automatically collects non‐personal information about your visit to our website such as the type of device or Internet browser you use or the site from which you linked to our website.
- Should you wish to read more information about your right to privacy under the Australian Privacy Principles we recommend that you visit the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner’s website at www.oaic.gov.au.
Last updated 30 April 2018.